Thursday, 7 July 2011

a midsummer night's dream

A series of seed packet designs based around the play "A Midsummer Night's Dream" by William Shakespeare.

A photo of the original pen and watercolour illustrations of the flowers and six characters I chose from the play: Puck, Bottom, Oberon, Titania, Helena and Theseus; the flower seed I paired each character with reflected their role and persona in the play. I tried experimenting with my colour palette and being more bold with the colours (compared to my Macmillan project), and I really did like the overall result : ); Puck's design was my particular favourite.



The front and back views of the final seed packets, featuring each character's name on their own packet with a little ribbon and real seeds inside : )!

No comments:

Post a Comment